A Summit is a meeting of heads of state or government, usually with considerable media exposure, tight security and a prearranged agenda. Below is the list of important summits, meetings and conferences of the world in the year 2013, 2014, 2015, etc. The list of summits are G-20, BRICS, G-7, NATO, BIMSTEC, APEC, SAARC, OPEC, ASEAN, IBSA, etc..
List of Important Summits of the World
G-20 Summits (1999)
The Group of Twenty Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors is a group of finance ministers and central bank governors from 20 major economies: 19 countries plus the European Union, which is represented by the President of the European Council and by the European Central Bank. Chairperson- Tony Abott, Total Countries- 20
Countries= BRICS + G7 + Argentina, Australia, Indonesia, Mexico, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Turkey
• 8th G 20 Meeting 2013 – Saint Petersburg, Russia
• 9th G 20 Meeting 2014 – Brisbane, Australia
• 10th G 20 Meeting 2015 – Turkey
BRICS Summits (2008)
Countries (5)- Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa
• 5th BRICS Summit 2013 – Durban, South Africa
• 6th BRICS Summit 2014 – Fortaleza, Brazil
• 7th BRICS Summit 2015 – UFA, Russia
G-7 Annual Summits (Earlier it was G8, Now Russia suspended Temporarily) (1975)
Group of Seven Countries – France, Germany, Italy, Japan, United Kingdom, United States of America, Canada.
• 39th G8 Summit 2013 – County Fermanagh, UK
• 40th G8 Summit 2014 – Brussels, Belgium
• 41st G8 Summit 2015 – Schloss Elmau, Germany
SAARC Summits (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation) (1985)
HQ- Nepal , Secretary General- Arjun Bahadur Thapa and Indian Representative at SAARC- Lakshmi Savithri
Countries (8)- Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
• 17th SAARC Summit 2011– Addu, Maldives
• 18th SAARC Summit 2014 – Kathmandu, Nepal
ASEAN Summits (Association of South East Asian Nation)
HQ- Jakarta, Indonesia , Total Countries- 10 and Secretary General- Le Luong Minh (Vietnam)
INDIA IS NOT IN ASEAN COUNTRIES.
• 22nd ASEAN Summit 2013 (April)– Brunei
• 23rd ASEAN Summit 2013 (October)– Brunei
• 24th ASEAN Summit 2014 (May)– Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar
• 25th ASEAN Summit 2014 (November)– Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar
• 9th ASEAN-India Summit 2011 – Bali, Indonesia
• 10th ASEAN-India Summit 2012 – Phnom penh, Cambodia
• 11th ASEAN-India Summit 2014 – Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar
East Asia Summit (EAS)
EAS meetings are held after annual ASEAN leaders’ meetings.
• 6th East Asia Summit 2011 – Bali, Indonesia
• 7th East Asia Summit 2012 – Phnom penh, Cambodia
• 8th ASEAN-India Summit 2014 – Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar
IBSA Summits (2003)
IBSA Dialogue Forum – India, Brazil, South Africa.
• 6th IBSA Summit 2013 – New Delhi, India
• 7th IBSA Summit 2015 – New Delhi, India
BIMSTEC Summits (Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multisectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation(1997)
Total Countries (7)- Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Nepal, Srilanka, Thailand, Bhutan.
• 3rd BIMSTEC Summit 2014 – Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar
• 4th BIMSTEC Summit 2015 – Nepal
APEC Summits (Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation) (1989)
Total Countries- 21 , HQ- Singapore and Executive Director- Alan Bolard
INDIA IS NOT IN APEC COUNTRIES.
• 25th APEC Summit 2013 – Medan/Jakarta, Indonesia
• 26th APEC Summit 2014 – Beijing, China
• 27th APEC Summit 2015 – Philippines, Manila
• 28th APEC Summit 2016 – Peru, Lima
• 29th APEC Summit 2017 – Vietnam, Hanoi
Nuclear Security Summit (NSS) (2010)
Total Countries participated in the 2nd NSS 2012 summit was 53 countries.
• 3rd NSS 2014 – Hague, Netherlands
• 4th NSS 2016 – USA
NATO Summit (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) (1949)
Total Countries- 28 , HQ- Belgium and Secretary General- Jenus Stoltenberg (newly elected from Norway)
INDIA IS NOT IN NATO SUMMIT COUNTRIES.
• NATO 2014- Britain UK
1. 15th International OPEC Summit, 2014- Paris, France
2. 47th ADB Meeting, 2014- Astana, Kazakhstan
3. United Nations Climatic Change Meeting, 2014- Newyork, USA
4. 9th WTO Ministerial Conference, 2013- Bali, Indonesia (10th WTO Ministerial Conference, 2014 Venue not yet decided)
5. 18th BASIC Ministerial Meeting, 2014- New Delhi, India (Basic- Brazil, South Africa, India, China)
6. 6th International Nuclear Energy Forum ATOMEXPO 2014- Moscow, Russia
7. World Economic forum 2014- Abuja, Nigeria (Sunil Bharti Mittal was the CO-Chairperson this year)
8. Internet Governance Forum 2014- Istanbul, Turkey
9. NAM (Non Aligned Movement) Summit 2015 - Venezuela.
If you like this post, Please share this post with your friends via social networks. Stay connected for more information regarding general knowledge.